The beach is one of my favorite places to be. The sand, the water, the serenity of it all…everything about it is amazing. Laguna beach in Orange Country is one of my new all time favorite beaches. The water is crystal clear, the sand is soft, and the water is warm. What’s not to love?! Along with Laguna’s stunning beaches, their shopping scene is on point! I am OBSESSED with so many of the shops in the area! Scroll down to see some pics from this adorable little beach town along with a day trip guide!
Travel Guide: A day in Laguna:
- Beaches: this is Laguna’s main attraction (it is so well deserving of this title.) There are a few key spots to hit:
- First of all, I would for sure go to Thousand Steps Beach. It’s a bit of a climb to get down there but going up the stairs is the only tough part. Just keep in mind that the steps are super steep and it would be pretty tough to carry a bunch of stuff back up the stairs so only pack what you absolutely need.
- Then, there’s The Secret Pool. When you are on the Thousand Steps Beach, you can see the secret pool. It’s on the left side of the beach and accessible through a cave. The only hard part is you can only access this during low tide so you should plan ahead and research the tides. The other thing is that sometimes there’s a sign that restricts you from getting to the pools. I was a scaredy cat and didn’t make the hike but I know some people who have gotten in. It looks super cool!
- Shopping: Laguna, for real, has some of the cutest little shops I’ve ever seen. I love the whole scene, it’s definitely a must-do. Here are some of my faves from when I was there:
- My absolute favorite was The Shop Laguna. I discovered this shop on instagram about a year ago and I have been in love with their stuff ever since. I was SO excited to be able to go into the store and look at their clothes. They retail a bunch of different beachy brands such as Faithfull the Brand, Amuse Society, Billabong, Still Water, and so many more. Everyone is there is super sweet and helpful! Next time I’m in Laguna, I’m for sure coming back!
- They also have kind of your average surf shops like the Rip Curl Shop across the street. This ripcurl was super cute and had a really good selection of bathing suits!
- Another really cute shop is Gorjana. I love this jewelry shop! This is another one that I have been following on insta for forever! We didn’t end up going because by the time we wanted to go, most shops were closing pretty soon. We were also getting pretty hungry but I am definitely hitting Gorjana next time I’m up in the area! Check out their online selection here
- Food: They have some really cute little restaurants right around the prime shopping location!
- Wahoo’s Tacos is a super cute taco shop right in the midst of all of the action. It’s a chain but it’s super yummy and would be good to grab to go and take to watch the sunset.
- Oak is a super cute restaurant just down the street from Wahoo’s. The ambiance in that place is awesome and it looked popular. I recommend calling in for a reservation is you are planning on going there.
- Another option is to just see where the wind takes you! Honestly, there are so many awesome options if you want a quick bite or if you want to sit down for a good meal. We stumbled upon a place called Banzai Bowls that sell acai bowls for a cute and yummy lunch.
Let me know if you’re ever going to Laguna and I can hook you up with some more of my favorite spots and tips! Comment below some of you’re fav beach towns!