We all love to dig into some bomb avocado toast while sippin’ a cute matcha latte at an adorable little cafe. I mean come on, it’s the definition of goals. With awesome ambiance, what’s not to love? While I love a new cafe as much as the next girl, I also have a huge appreciation for the AMAZING street tacos you can get at some little shack in the barrio. I love both types of places so incredibly much which is why I’m going to split this post into two foodie categories… “Insta Worthy” and “Drool Worthy”. Scroll down for some amazing food inspo in the San Diego Area! Can’t wait to catch y’all there!
- ok this place hits every mark. Great aesthetic? Check. Great food? Check. Great location? Check. I’m obsessed with everything about this super cute North Park find. You can’t go wrong with anything you order with this Italian style restaurant but if you go for brunch I highly recommend the “Waffled Churro Sticks” they are TO DIE for!
- Communal Coffee
- This is such a classic and one of my all time fav cafes. If you’re looking for a quite bite, this is your go-to. Their toasts are amazing as well as their variety of caffeinated drinks. What makes this place special is the attached flower and stationary shop. It is so adorable.
- OB Surf Lodge
- Isola Pizza Bar
- This is the cutest pizza place in town with super yummy pizza. The crust on this pie made me melt. Ahh my mouth is watering just thinking about it! I got the prosciutto pizza which was a white pizza with mozzarella cheese, prosciutto, and fresh arugula on it. It was sooo AMAZE.
- Crack Shack
- This is a super cool place that specializes in fried chicken sandwiches. Let me just tell you, these sandwiches are like no other. They are so. good. The ambiance is super cool as well. Its always pretty crowded with young san diegans looking for a good bite.
- Copa Vida
- This cafe is so cute and is absolutely perfect for before or after a padres game. Its a half a block away from the stadium which is super nice. They have really good gourmet sandwiches if you’re looking for lunch or really good locally brewed coffee if you’re looking for something more casual.
- I cannot even tell you how much I am in LOVE with Puesto. Their customer service is amazing. I went one time with my friends and we were waiting for our food for maybe twenty minutes and they apologized immensely for the wait then said that our lunch was on the house. We didn’t even complain or think about the wait time before they mentioned it! It was awesome! Their tacos are so so good. I recommend getting a sampler of three tacos. The inside of the place is also so cute! Both the location in La Jolla and in Seaport Village are awesome!
- Breakfast Republic
- This place is actually amazing. Since you will most likely be there for breakfast or brunch, i recommend ordering one of their flavored lattes! They have such cool flavors that are so cute and come in the most adorable little mugs. All of the tiny details about this place are so adorable. I highly recommend hitting this place!
- Great Maple
- Great Maple is def a go-to place to brunch it! Their french toast is so bomb. Their menu has a large variety so there is something for everyone here! I love love love this place.
- The Taco Stand
- If we are talking’ savory this is your go-to. If we’re talking’ sweet this is your go-to. I highly highly recommend ordering their mar y tierra fries. It has everything: carnitas, shrimp, fries…. what is there not to like. Their churros are also a MUST order! I LOVE this place.
- Carnitas Snack Shack
- This place is AMAZE. The cool thing about this place is that they take a classic mexican style meat and turn it into a barbecue style sandwich. You can’t go wrong with anything you order. This place is to die for.
- Ask any teenager and they’ll tally this is the best mexican chain around. Their burritos are insanely good. I can’t even begin to describe my love for this place.
- The Original Sab-E-Lee
- I’m such a thai food fanatic and this place has the best thai food for the best price in town. It’s kind a hole in the wall but thats what gives it its charm. If you’re looking for some amazing thai takeout, this is definitely your place.
- Raki Raki Ramen
- Looking for not-yo-average top ramen? Raki’s got you covered! While you may have to wait a few minutes to get in/actually get your food because they make everything from scratch, it’s so worth it. The huge portions are also perfect to take to-go and save for later. I love this Ramen joint.
- This place honestly deserves it’s own category. The ambiance is so rad. They have all of this super sick wall art all around the place. The tacos are indescribable. The churros are out of this world. If I could give a restaurant 6 stars I would. It’s that good. 10/10 recommend this place.
Even if you’re not as big of a foodie as I am, I hope you make it out to one of these places. These are by far my all time favorite places to eat in San Diego! I loooove trying out new places so please comment YOUR favorite places to eat around town in the comment section below! xx